Want to show love for our garden?
Send us your pictures and testimonials! We want to hear from you.
Write to info[at]harlemgarden.org
If you’re in the neighborhood, stop by to say hello or lend a hand. Join us for a meeting, an event or a work day.
Propose your project for the garden or help us make one of our dreams come true. We want:
- Work gloves for every gardener – a must.
- Street tree guards for our three cherry blossoms.
- Design and materials for an accessible pathway entrance – open our garden to more neighbors.
- Outdoor display or lamination machine so we can share news on the street.
- Improved gazebo – protect the gardeners from the elements too.
- Greenhouse so we can keep things exciting for a much longer season.
- Imagine a new fence – chain link is practical but not as lovely as the flowers.
- Electrical connection – for sharing videos and pictures at our events.
- Rainwater collection barrel – our plants are thirsty.
- Hose reel or holder – the hose is heavy and must travel far. Our 2010 Membership funds will bring us this.
- Tarp and ties for our gazebo structure – thanks to Jennifer
- Planters, thanks to the Rosa Parks building during their roof renovations
- Street trees in front of the garden – thanks to Nobu, Michelle and Geddes
- Water containers / planters – thanks to Steve
- Productive perennials: fruit trees, hazelnuts and berry bushes – thanks to Matt
- Tool shed – Green Thumb gave us essential gardening tools, now we need to save them from the elements (we got this in 2010 thanks to Steve!)
- Lumber and hardware to build a compost bin – 3′ x 3′ x 9′ – so we can feed our city soil. WE GOT THIS IN JULY 2009 THANKS TO IAN!
Thank you to our many volunteers and friends! We did it and will do more!